Retracing one of the most important trading routes of ancient civilisation, the Silk Road follows in the footsteps of such legendary figures as Alexander the Great and Marco Polo. For centuries, merchants and adventurers journeyed to and from China on ancient routes through some of the most testing landscapes in the world trading silk, spices and perfumes. These ‘highways’ – stretching some 4,000 miles (6,400 km) – collectively came to be called the ‘Silk Road’.
Moscow: Two (2) nights at the Ritz Carlton Moscow; Tax and Buffet Breakfast included daily.
Golden Eagle: One Silver or Gold Class Cabin or Imperial Suite for Nine (9) nights on board the Golden Eagle. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included daily.
Almaty: One (1) night at the Intercontinental Hotel or similar; Tax and Buffet Breakfast included daily.
The Tour Includes:
- All meals.
- Wine, beer and soft drinks provided with Lunch and Dinner.
- Experienced tour representatives throughout the tour.
- Russian Interpreters able to speak English, German, French and Italian.
- Comprehensive off-train sightseeing program as detailed in the itinerary. Please note that all touring is with fellow-passengers at all times.
- A doctor who travels with the train throughout the tour.
- Complimentary tea, coffee and mineral water throughout the tour from your car attendant.
The Tour Does Not Include:
*Travel cancellation insurance.
*Charges of a personal nature on the train or at the hotels (laundry, telephone, bar account, etc.)
*Visas (as required) or Excess Baggage Charges, Airport Departure Taxes, Vaccination or Medical Costs.
Options and Extensions:
Please contact Exeter International for tour extensions and options in Russia. All tour extensions are on a private customized basis.
September 22 - October 4, 2017