The most epic rail journey in the world - the renowned Trans - Siberian Express! Travel 6,500 miles on the luxurious Golden Eagle, your luxe hotel on wheels. During your two weeks you will see some of the most unique places in the world, Lake Baikal, Ulaan Baatar, Vladivostok - almost inaccessible by any other route and certainly not in the same level of comfort or luxury. Four other journeys are possible with the Golden Eagle; perhaps the most evocative is The Silk Road. Following in the footstep of Marco Polo, Genghis Khan and Tamerlane, it’s a 21 day adventure from Russia to China.
The Tour Includes:
- All meals and wine, beer and soft drinks provided with Lunch and Dinner.
- Experienced tour representatives throughout the tour.
- Russian Interpreters able to speak English, German, French and Italian.
- Comprehensive off-train sightseeing program as detailed in the itinerary. Please note that all touring is with fellow-passengers at all times.
- A doctor who travels with the train throughout the tour.
- Complimentary tea, coffee and mineral water throughout the tour from your car attendant.
Beijing: Three (3) nights at the Regent Hotel or similar; Tax and Buffet Breakfast included daily.
Xian: One (1) night at the Sofitel Xian or similar; Tax and Buffet Breakfast included daily.
Dunhuang: One (1) night at the Silk Road Dunhuang Hotel or similar; Tax and Buffet Breakfast included daily.
Shangri-La Express: One Cabin for Three (3) nights on board the Shangri-La Express. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included daily.
Golden Eagle: One Silver or Gold Class Cabin or Imperial Suite for Ten (10) nights on board the Golden Eagle. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included daily.
Moscow: Two (2) nights at the Baltschug Kempinski; Tax and Buffet Breakfast included daily.
The Tour Does Not Include:
- Travel cancellation insurance.
- Charges of a personal nature on the train or at the hotels (laundry, telephone, bar account, etc.)
- Visas (as required) or Excess Baggage Charges, Airport Departure Taxes, Vaccination or Medical Costs.
Options and Extensions:
Please contact Exeter International for tour extensions and options in Russia. All tour extensions are on a private customized basis.
September 29 - October 19, 2021
Download itinerary PDF here.