If you know your Tolstoy, you will remember the vivid scenes he painted of Imperial Russia’s social scene. The premier of an opera at the Mariinsky, a new symphony at the Philharmonic, a ball that everyone who was anyone would attend.... you can opt to read about it, or you can choose to relive the experience when you travel with us.
Fashions may have changed and the carriages may be parked in museums, but the era of the Stroganovs and the Yusupovs still exist, and there’s no better time to be a part of it than at New Year, and no better place than St. Petersburg.
• 7 nights in extraordinary, deluxe hotels in the center of each city
• Expertly planned small group touring with top local guides
• Entrance Fees to all the sites mentioned in the program
• 24-hour, English-speaking local assistance in case of emergency or changes
Highlights of Exeter’s Tsar’s Ball Tour
• View the snow-covered gardens of Pavlovsk Palace from your private troika sled (weather permitting)
• Walk the uncrowded halls of the Hermitage with an expert guide
• Attend the event of the season – the Tsar’s Gala Ball at Catherine Palace
• Experience privately guided tours of the Diamond Vaults and the Armory Museum at the Kremlin
Easy to Combine with:
• Copenhagen or Stockholm • Berlin or Munich • Vienna, Prague or Budapest