The Volga River is the linchpin of a single water system linking Moscow and St Petersburg to five separate seas. For the traveller, the Volga is a key to grasping Russia’s insistent mystery- a cruise on the river revealing the jewels and the scars of centuries past. In partially visible towns flooded by the Soviets, cathedrals rise from the water eerily intact. Medieval Orthodox monasteries are still in use on the riverbanks. Otters, herons, and bald eagle give life and motion to the passing scene.
For many, this is a trip of a lifetime, and choosing the right Russian River Cruise can be confusing. If you are looking for a smaller boat, with friendly service, great food and the option to stay in hotels, rather than in port, in Moscow & St Petersburg our recommendation is the Volga Dream.
- 3 nights at the Marriott Aurora or Ararat Park Hyatt in Moscow
- 6 nights aboard MS Volga Dream
- 3 nights at the Belmond Grand Hotel Europe or Kempinski Moika, 22 in St. Petersburg
TRIP DESCRIPTION & HIGHLIGHTS
Volga Dream GOLD combines the best of Moscow and St. Petersburg and a deluxe cruise on the Volga. This journey is ideal for individual travelers and small groups looking to explore both the Russian countryside and the treasures of Russia's grandest cities.
- Accommodation in exquisite 5-star hotels in Moscow and St. Petersburg
- Daily sightseeing in small groups of never more than 20-25 guests
- Visits to the Kremlin, Red Square, Armory and Tretyakov Gallery in Moscow
- Visits to the magnificent Hermitage, Faberge Museum, Peterhof and Catherine’s palace in St. Petersburg
- All meals aboard MS Volga Dream with house wines, beer and soft drinks included with all lunches and dinners
- 4 fascinating lectures by Russian professors about Russian history and politics
- Diverse range of cultural activities aboard MS Volga Dream