The Volga River is the linchpin of a single water system linking Moscow and St. Petersburg to five separate seas. For the traveller, the Volga is a key to grasping Russia’s insistent mystery - a cruise on the river revealing the jewels and the scars of centuries past. In partially visible towns flooded by the Soviets, cathedrals rise from the water eerily intact. Medieval Orthodox monasteries are still in use on the riverbanks. Otters, herons, and bald eagle give life and motion to the passing scene.
For many, this is a trip of a lifetime, and choosing the right Russian River Cruise can be confusing. If you are looking for a smaller boat, with friendly service, great food and the option to stay in hotels, rather than in port, in Moscow & St. Petersburg our recommendation is the Volga Dream.
- 3 nights at the deluxe Marriott Aurora or Ararat Park Hyatt in Moscow
- 6 nights aboard MS Volga Dream
- 3 nights at the deluxe Grand Hotel Europe or Kempinski Moika, 22 in St. Petersburg
Volga Dream PLATINUM caters to discerning travelers who prefer to travel privately or in an intimate group. This journey includes accommodation in the finest 5-star hotels in Moscow and St. Petersburg and extensive touring of the most breathtaking sites in a group of 12-15 guests.
- Visit to the Kremlin and Novodevichy Convent in Moscow
- Special early entrance to the Hermitage museum in St. Petersburg
- Visit to magnificent Faberge Museum and Catherine’s Palace in St. Petersburg
- 6 breakfasts in the hotels / 6 lunches in gourmet Moscow and St. Petersburg restaurants
- 6 breakfasts / 6 lunches / 6 dinners aboard MS Volga Dream with unlimited house wine, beer and soft drinks included without limit with all lunches and dinners
- 4 fascinating lectures by Russian professors about Russian history and politics
- Diverse range of cultural activities aboard MS Volga Dream