The Volga River is the linchpin of a single water system linking Moscow and St. Petersburg to five separate seas. For the traveller, the Volga is a key to grasping Russia’s insistent mystery - a cruise on the river revealing the jewels and the scars of centuries past. In partially visible towns flooded by the Soviets, cathedrals rise from the water eerily intact. Medieval Orthodox monasteries are still in use on the riverbanks. Otters, herons, and bald eagle give life and motion to the passing scene.
For many, this is a trip of a lifetime, and choosing the right Russian River Cruise can be confusing. If you are looking for a smaller boat, with friendly service, great food and the option to stay in hotels, rather than in port, in Moscow & St. Petersburg our recommendation is the Volga Dream.
- 3 nights at the deluxe St. Regis or Ararat Park Hyatt in Moscow
- 6 nights aboard MS Volga Dream
- 3 nights at the deluxe Grand Hotel Europe in St. Petersburg
Volga Dream Platinum tour caters to discerning travelers who prefer to travel privately or in an intimate group. This journey includes accommodation in the 5 star hotels in Moscow and St. Petersburg and extensive touring of the most breathtaking sites in a group of 16 or fewer guests.
- Visit to the Kremlin and Armory
- Special early entrance to the Hermitage Museum and access to the Gold Room
- Ensemble of the Novodevichy Convent
- Visit to interior of St. Basil’s Cathedral
- 6 breakfasts in the hotels / 6 lunches in Moscow and St. Petersburg restaurants
- 6 breakfasts / 6 lunches / 6 dinners aboard MS Volga Dream with unlimited house wine, beer and soft drinks included without limit with all lunches and dinners
- 4 fascinating lectures by Russian professors about Russian history and politics
- Diverse range of cultural activities aboard MS Volga Dream
Moscow to St. Petersburg Departures:
- June 4-16
- June 18-30
- July 1-13
- July 13-25
- July 25-August 6
- August 7-19
- August 20-September 1
- Setpember 3-15
- September 21-October 3
St. Petersburg to Moscow Departures:
- June 24-July 6
- August 26-September 7
- September 27-October 3
Download PDF Itinerary here.