Will We Be Your Next Adventure?
Exeter International is a leading tour operator focusing on custom-designed luxury travel to Central and Eastern Europe, Scandinavia, and Central Asia. We are a small team of passionate travel specialists, and we are always interested in hearing from people who have experience in one or more of our destinations from a tour operator background.
We are a small company with a large footprint in our part of the world for 30 years. We are known throughout the US Travel Advisor community for our high-touch luxury travel planning. We give our staff the tools to be successful trip designers and then give them the autonomy to work in whatever way you’re most comfortable and productive.
Our travel managers deal with every aspect of the entire customer travel experience – from product development to talking to the traveler and/or travel advisor and every aspect of the trip from start to finish. Get in touch.
What we look for
What we offer
Currently Looking for:
Travel Design Assistant - Scandinavia
Job duties are included, but not limited to:
- Fielding incoming phone calls, answering basic questions and taking messages.
- Assist in researching, writing, designing, and proofreading customized itineraries.
- Manage trip files in our database. This includes trip accounting, confirmations, and communications with both clients and suppliers.
- Professionally communicate with clients and colleagues by email and phone.
- Learn destination logistics and be able to travel internationally.
While no travel or destination-specific experience is required, the ideal candidate will possess:
- Positive attitude.
- Super-human organizational skills and initiative. Self-motivation is essential!
- Willingness to have an “all hands on deck” attitude. No job is too big or too small.
- Ability to work with all personality types.
- Impeccable written and spoken English. Your written fluency should be at the university level.
- Patience, courtesy, and impeccable grammar in dealing with our valued clients in person and by phone and email.
- Strong customer service ethic and interpersonal skills, particularly in a phone-based service environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, requiring multi-tasking, and sometimes under high stress.
- Attention to detail and a love of and knack for managing complex logistics and details.
- Strong PC computer skills, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Work experience demonstrating you have all the above skills we need.
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the US.
Why work for us?
- We aren’t a call center. we have a friendly atmosphere in the office. We love to chat about what we’re reading, what we’re watching, and the latest fun Tik Tok.
- We take your health seriously! This includes Healthy snacks in the office, optional stand-up desks in our Tampa office, membership to our private gym in our Tampa office, as well as optional office workouts.
- Full-time employees are eligible for health care and dental (we pay 70% of the cost).
- Full-time employees are eligible for our Simple IRA with a 3% match.
- Full-time employees have 15 days of paid time off to use the first year.
Submit your resume and cover letter. Resumes without a cover letter explaining why your qualifications and personality make you the perfect fit will not be considered.
A successful candidate will be subject to a background check and must receive satisfactory results of the same, as a condition of joining the team.
Pay: $37,000.00 – $45,000.00 per year
Expected hours: 40 per week
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus opportunities
- Commission pay
- Travel planning: 1 year (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Required)
Work Location: In person